Wahooo it’s Saturday! Hope everyone had a beautiful day.
This month I participated in the Foodie Penpal event! Lindsay of the Lean Green Bean came up with this awesome idea and when I read about it on her blog I knew I had to be a part of it! And I’m so glad I did because I got to meet and get to know two new ladies from the blogosphere!😉
I received my goodies from a wonderful reader who’s name is also Kara!!! Best name ever! She is from Michigan so naturally she sent me some of her favorite snacks that I would not be able to find in California! I loved everything. THANK YOU KARA!
And here’s what was inside the box…!
I love getting food in the mail!!
First up I tried the Castachio Nuts!
Pistachios are my favorite nut! And of course who doesn’t love cashews?!
They were lightly salted and oh sooo delicious
Then I tried the Raisin Granola made in Detroit, Michigan!
yummm love me some granola
I had this with greek yogurt and berries…
AND with homemade strawberry jam! Kara, you are da bomb. I loveee homemade jam.
I added it to my greek yogurt with berries and granola!
Next, I tried Kettle Cooked potato chips!
There’s even a picture of the Great Lakes on the package!
yummm these were delish! and accompanied my sandwich perfectlyyy!
I haven’t tried this yet, but I have always had my eye on Justin’s Almond Butter!
I can’t wait to add this to my oatmeal in the morning
A big big thank you to Kara for my delicious box of treats!
For those of you who are new to this and interested in joining, here is what Foodie Penpals is all about.
– On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penapl and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
– You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
– The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
– You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
– Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
– Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, Lindsay will keep two separate lists and match US with US and Canada with Canada!
If you’re in Europe, please contact Carol Anne from This is Rock Salt (thisrocksalt.com) at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
If you live in Asia or Australia and want to get involved, email Lindsay at email@example.com and she will see if there is enough interest.
If you’re interested in participating for July, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by July 4th as pairings will be emailed on July 5th! You will receive a confirmation email from Lindsay within 24 hours if you sign up. IF YOU DON’T GET ONE, send Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org an email!
Please check out other Foodie Penpal reveals here!