I’m sorry (for the tenth time) that I’ve been so MIA lately.
Rush week is finally over, phew! It was such an eventful, fun, yet exhausting week and I feel like I need a whole week to recover! Butttt, school has started so that means no break for moi! This quarter I am taking Chemistry, Biology, Research Methods in Psychology, and a class called Mushrooms, Molds and Society (sounds interesting huh?!). I’m ready for it all to fly by.
Here is a recap of what I’ve been up to lately!
Trying new things…
Partying, partying, YA! Fun fun fun fun. <– Sorry to remind you of Rebecca Black’s song, Friday. Now it’s probably stuck in your head…
Work work workin out…
I was getting a little bored of running 5 miles on the treadmill (i don’t know how i did that over the summer) so I’ve been changing it up and doing more HIIT workouts (high intensity interval training). Here are a few I’ve been trying!
Workout 1 – 30 minutes
1) Warm up at an easy pace (3.5) for 3 minutes.
2) Jog at 6.0 for 2 minutes.
3) Increase speed to 7.0 for one minute.
4) Increase speed to 7.5 for one minute.
5) Increase speed to 8.0 for one minute.
6) Increase speed to 8.5 for one minute.
7) Repeat steps 2-6 three more times.
8 ) Cool down, walk at 3.0 for three minutes.
Workout 2 – 40 minutes
1) Warm up for 5 minutes at 3.0
2) Run at an easy pace for 5 minutes.
3) Increase the speed by 15 seconds per mile and run for one minute.
4) Decrease the speed back down and run for 5 minutes.
5) Increase the speed by 30 seconds per mile and run for one minute.
6) Return to an easy pace for 5 minutes.
7) Increase the speed by 45 seconds per mile and run for one minute.
8 ) Back to an easy pace for 5 minutes.
9) Increase the speed by one minute per mile and run for one minute.
10) Run easy for 5 minutes.
11) Increase the speed by one minute and 15 seconds per mile and run for one minute.
12) Cool down with 5 minutes of walking.
Workout 3 – 30 minutes
1) Warm up at 3.5 for 5 minutes.
2) Jog for 5 minutes at 6.0.
3) Sprint for one minute (usually at 8.5 or 9).
4) Stop by jumping to the side, a foot on each edge of the treadmill while it’s still going and rest for 30 seconds.
5) Do step 3 & 4 ten times for a total of 15 minutes.
6) Cool down for five minutes.
And that is all!
Hope you guys had a great weekend too!
Questions of the day:
What have you been up to lately?
Have you had any of the new food items I tried this weekend? What did you think?
Let me know if you try any of the above workouts and what you think of them! 🙂