I’m sorry (for the tenth time) that I’ve been so MIA lately.
Rush week is finally over, phew! It was such an eventful, fun, yet exhausting week and I feel like I need a whole week to recover! Butttt, school has started so that means no break for moi! This quarter I am taking Chemistry, Biology, Research Methods in Psychology, and a class called Mushrooms, Molds and Society (sounds interesting huh?!). I’m ready for it all to fly by.
Here is a recap of what I’ve been up to lately!
Trying new things…
a mouthwatering nugget sandwich which included: multigrain bread with honey mustard (omg best ever), grilled chicken, lettuce, cucumber, sprouts, red onion, avo, and bell peps! with an iced green tea on the side (new fave! it's naturally sweet so you don't need to add sweetener!).
Better'n Peanut Butter found at Trader Joe's
nutrition facts for y'all
for a knockoff pb with only 100 calories, 2g of fat and 2g of sugar this passes my test!
chocolate coconut water! seriously sooo good! it was just like chocolate milk but has more potassium than a banana 🙂 perfect for after a workout
bouncy fun! brought out the inner youngsta in me.
Partying, partying, YA! Fun fun fun fun. <– Sorry to remind you of Rebecca Black’s song, Friday. Now it’s probably stuck in your head…
the girlss ❤
my darlin amy
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYLS!
chicken, veggies and brown rice from ket mo ree (awesome thai food restaurant) for julia's birthday!
a refreshing smoothie made with one frozen banana, one cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, couple handfuls of spinach (i swear you can't taste it!), 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, a few shakes of cinnamon and topped with chia seeds!
fatty salad: mesclun lettuce, cukes, slivered almonds, garbonzo beans, and leftover herbed salmon (from the nugget). dressing was lemon juice, splash of flax seed oil, red wine vinegar and pepper!
sauteed veggies and tempeh in coconut oil, bragg's liquid aminos and bragg's sprinkle (both soo good i def recommend!).
winner winner chicken dinner (cooked in a skillet with s&p, bragg's sprinkle, and EVOO <-- extra virgin olive oil). with a side of broccoli and sauteed veggies.
a sunshine bbq veggie burger (wasn't that great, i prefer the original flavor!) with sauteed kale and bell peppers.
love in a cup of tea!
yogi tea, black licorice (i know you're thinking GROSS! but i like it and won't share ;)) and a daily mantra: "by honoring your words, you are honored in this world."
Work work workin out…
I was getting a little bored of running 5 miles on the treadmill (i don’t know how i did that over the summer) so I’ve been changing it up and doing more HIIT workouts (high intensity interval training). Here are a few I’ve been trying!
Workout 1 – 30 minutes
1) Warm up at an easy pace (3.5) for 3 minutes.
2) Jog at 6.0 for 2 minutes.
3) Increase speed to 7.0 for one minute.
4) Increase speed to 7.5 for one minute.
5) Increase speed to 8.0 for one minute.
6) Increase speed to 8.5 for one minute.
7) Repeat steps 2-6 three more times.
8 ) Cool down, walk at 3.0 for three minutes.
Workout 2 – 40 minutes
1) Warm up for 5 minutes at 3.0
2) Run at an easy pace for 5 minutes.
3) Increase the speed by 15 seconds per mile and run for one minute.
4) Decrease the speed back down and run for 5 minutes.
5) Increase the speed by 30 seconds per mile and run for one minute.
6) Return to an easy pace for 5 minutes.
7) Increase the speed by 45 seconds per mile and run for one minute.
8 ) Back to an easy pace for 5 minutes.
9) Increase the speed by one minute per mile and run for one minute.
10) Run easy for 5 minutes.
11) Increase the speed by one minute and 15 seconds per mile and run for one minute.
12) Cool down with 5 minutes of walking.
Workout 3 – 30 minutes
1) Warm up at 3.5 for 5 minutes.
2) Jog for 5 minutes at 6.0.
3) Sprint for one minute (usually at 8.5 or 9).
4) Stop by jumping to the side, a foot on each edge of the treadmill while it’s still going and rest for 30 seconds.
5) Do step 3 & 4 ten times for a total of 15 minutes.
6) Cool down for five minutes.
And that is all!
Hope you guys had a great weekend too!
Questions of the day:
What have you been up to lately?
Have you had any of the new food items I tried this weekend? What did you think?
Let me know if you try any of the above workouts and what you think of them! 🙂